Thursday, September 10, 2009

I have a Good to Go pass

Each congregation I serve has some unique questions for me when I enter their lives. Some people ask about my family, or where I grew up. At First Lutheran Community Church I have received a single question several times:

Do you have your "Good To Go" pass?

I like saving $1.25 per trip across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, and it has to save me a few minutes on my commute. I am now equipped with my Good To Go pass.

People also wonder how I'm surviving the commute from Federal Way to Port Orchard. Honestly, it seems quite short to me. This commute ranks 4th out of 9 congregations I've served for shortest commutes. I also preached all over the Southwestern Washington Synod this summer, and this commute is definitely short compared to Grayland and Winlock, and a hop/skip/jump compared to my longest commute--Sioux Falls, South Dakota to Presho, South Dakota--400 miles round trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment