Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Please share your thoughts on transitions

Over the years I have found various methods to gather input for sermons. I would like to offer readers an opportunity to share their thoughts on particular sermon topics that can be helpful as I work on Sunday's sermons. Over the next 4 weeks I am going to be preaching on the theme of transitions. I would appreciate if you could share some thoughts on the following questions, or on anything else related to the topic of transitions.

  • What kinds of big changes have you faced in your life?
  • How did you manage those changes?
  • What worked or didn't work?
  • Do you have any wisdom to share about transitions?
  • Did your prayer life expand or contract during a transition?
  • During a transition, are you reminded of any particular Bible passages?
  • What are your feelings and/or thoughts related to the senior pastor transition at FLCC?
I look forward to hearing from the growing group of leaders. Please pass on the blog address to others at FLCC or to other people who might be interested. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe I am particularly unique in that every aspect of my life is a transition.

    I am aging (way too fast!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    All my relationships have constantly and not always steadily "changed." Death of parents, aunts, uncles, cousins; divorce; marriage; asking "the questions" about faith (and the myriad of related "stuff"); debilitating injuries of grandkids;raising kids and grandkids; and on and on.......

    What works is not really clear to me....obviously some of it hasn't worked/didn't work very well. I guess honest assessment of my role in the relationship; listening to the other(s -- walk in another's moccasins; and making necessary changes are key ingredients; and, occasionally prayer seems to help.

    I have read the Bible and honestly the passages don't stick very well since I read so many different versions and more "about" the Bible than the book itself. I think the concepts/ideas/lessons are clearer than any of the "words" and that is what comes to me when I need it.

    Wisdom is my short suit. Opinion is more my style......

    I wish Pastor Allen well and certainly hope he is up for the immediate transitions in his life.

    ReplyDelete