Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Escaping the Tyranny of the Urgent: Opportunity for a Grounded Life

What makes a fulfilled day for me (in no particular order)?

1. Exercise
2. Prayer
3. Reading
4. Writing
5. Connecting with loved ones
6. Organizing
7. An additional intentional, thoughtful creative act

Sometimes these acts are dovetailed together. For example, sometimes I pray while I exercise.  Sometimes I connect with loved ones through reading or writing. Outside of leading in congregational life (I am currently without a congregation), I have no excuses not to do each of these seven things each day. I don't have an excuse to not do these even when I'm working outside the home, but sometimes the tyranny of the urgent takes my focus off these things that ground me. This time in between congregations for me is a time to get grounded (in the positive sense).

What are your actions for a fulfilled day?

No comments:

Post a Comment