Tuesday, September 29, 2009

An activity shift for Tuesday

One of the many great things about being a pastor is that I have a flexible schedule. My 2-year-old has been rather ill recently, and Melanie and I have done our best to maintain some normal patterns while we also care for Ashling. We've had family help, for which we are thankful--this allowed Melanie and I to be able to preach without worrying about our children too much.

Today I needed to stay home to work and care for Ashling. This offered me an opportunity to work in Port Orchard during the late afternoon and evening hours after Melanie comes home. I looked at attending a local school sporting event, but I didn't see any available. Therefore I am taking an opportunity to observe/participate in ministries to which I have been invited (invitations aren't required, but it's nice to know I can be included). I will be coming to the Family Kitchen food ministry and later attending an AA meeting to support that ongoing ministry through FLCC. Sometimes it is very easy for a pastor to hang around in their office. Office work is not inherently bad, but it is very important to get out into the community and connect. If I as a preacher expect you to connect with and serve others, I need to do the same.

1 comment: