Monday, October 10, 2016

#HappyHallowThanksmas Power Rankings (#GreatPumpkinCharlieBrown Season) October 10, 2016

Linus can't believe with his own eyes that he dropped out of the Power Rankings.
As a pastor, I like to think I have interesting theological things to say. Whether a sermon or tweet, I cherish knowing that I cause people to think. More often than not, the response to my theological pontifications...crickets. However, for about 3 months each year, my Twitter thoughts get more play than average by exegeting the Charlie Brown television cartoons from the annual Happy Hallowthanksmas onslaught. While tweeting along with the show is fun, mostly I enjoy the banter and insight with my soon to be 10-year-old daughter.

The brevity of tweets is valued during Charlie Brown season; the time has come for blog posts. I give you the #HappyHallowThanksmas Power Rankings (#GreatPumpkinCharlieBrown Season) for October 10, 2016.

1. Snoopy

His vulnerability in wake of his service in World War I is inspiring.

2. Vince Guaraldi

The soundtrack for this show marks the beginning of autumnal glory.

3. Lucy Van Pelt

While not the kind of person one would want as a friend, Lucy knows how to get things done. I guess it's lonely at the top.

4. Sally Brown

Demanding restitution. Prophetic.

5. Rocks

If you're a geologist, don't answer this question. When was the last time a rock made you laugh?

Dropping out of the rankings:

Linus Van Pelt

Sure, it is his belief system that provides the framework of the story (h/t Adam McHugh). However...so many patriarchal assumptions in such a small window of time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment